Best Trapeze Bar for Bed Mobility of Elderly People
Many senior citizens have limited mobility. While some are limited by old age, others are bedridden due to illnesses or disabilities. This limits their participation in even the most basic of daily activities.
Regular routines become challenging to most of our aging loved ones. As caregivers, we are only left with the option of helping them in any way we can, such as bathing them, taking them for a walk, helping them sit, and, most importantly, helping them to get out of bed.
We have every reason to become concerned when our loved ones struggle to even get out of bed by themselves. Fortunately, there is an invention called a trapeze bar that can help elderly people with this problem.
Why Do Seniors Need a Bed Trapeze Bar?
A trapeze bar allows seniors lacking in leg and core body strength to get out of bed on their own, rather than asking for help. In short, a trapeze bar can transform the quality of life of people who are bedridden and also that of their caregiver.
Medically, trapeze bars are devices meant for patient transfer. They are room devices that are designed to help move patients in bed. With this device, they can change positions and move from the bed to a chair with minimum or no assistance.
Trapeze bars for bed mobility also have a wide range of hand bar (positions) for flexibility. Besides, their height is easily adjustable to cater to every senior’s needs. Also, one can easily install their units on steel headboards, floor stands, or on a trapeze base.
Trapeze Bar for Bed Mobility: Buying Guide
There are many varieties of trapeze bars available. However, selecting the most appropriate one takes more than just going into the store and picking out what appeals to the eye. You need to know what features to look for to ensure the model you choose meets your needs. Here’s a quick list of what to look out for:
- Stability – A good trapeze bar, especially those mounted on floor stands, provide stability. This is important to give the user confidence to put their full body weight on it.
- Weight capacity – Choose a trapeze bar that offers a large weight capacity that is large enough for whoever will use it.
- Quality – Go for the trapeze bar that is made of high-quality material such as steel or stainless steel.
- Durability– Quality and durability go hand in hand. Products made of high-quality materials have long durability. A durable trapeze bar provides long-lasting benefits when using it, therefore saving you the expense of regular replacements.
Top 5 Trapeze Bars for Bed Mobility
Here is a review of each of the five best trapeze bars for bed mobility that might work best for you.
This is the best trapeze bar unit that quickly helps your aging loved ones transfer from their bed to a chair without calling for assistance. Besides, it helps them to change positions in bed safely.
The unit’s hand bar is fully adjustable. The following are the primary features of the trapeze bar:
- It features a rubber bumper guard to protect the bed edges and wall surfaces from damage.
- Has a 250 pounds weight capacity to avoid accidents by users.
- Matching floor to provide an option if the user doesn’t want to attach the unit to the bed frame.
- Hand bar and clams coated with Versa Guard for improved durability
- Easily adjustable hand bar
- Features rubber bumper guards for bed and wall protection
- Adjustable height between 43in-52in
- The product doesn’t pivot or adjust positions
- It isn’t sturdy
The trapeze bar is designed to help seniors transfer out of bed and while changing positions. Besides, it is lightweight for easy delivery and movement.
- Lightweight for easy delivery
- Adjustable chain easily moved to desired positions
- Strong and durable
- Has large grab hook
- Good for user’s independence
- Very heavy and large
- You may have to rearrange your furniture as one can’t position the bed against the wall
This is the best ceiling mounted trapeze bar and its configuration comes with unlimited benefits.
The unit is most suitable for seniors as it has two separate grab bars to offer more leverage. Besides, its hook and handle run on a boom. Thus they can be moved out of the way when not in use.
- A stylish and innovative idea
- Designed in the highest quality
- Features two separate grab bars for easier sliding
- Sturdy when installed correctly
- Consumes less space
- Great stability
- Great for independence
- Calls for professional installation
- Permanent in location
This trapeze bar provides a broad range of hand-bar and height adjustments.
- Constructed of a heavy gauge to provide optimum strength
- Chrome plated and steel tubing to improve on quality and durability
- Available in bariatric & standard models
- Doesn’t need tools for assembly
- Highly quality and long durability due to high-quality frame
- The unit can be attached to a trapeze stand and floor
- Exaggerated advertisements
The Healthcraft trapeze bar has an exclusive offset handle when connected to the pole, and it provides superior assistance to the user. The offset handle also helps the seniors to change positions when in bed. Besides, the unit has nylon arm straps that are height adaptable.
- Unique offset handle to provide superior assistance
- Nylon and arm straps for height adjustments
- Expansive between the floor and the ceiling to provide sturdiness
- Requires less floor space
- Secure, easy and quick to assemble
- Comes with 1-year limited warranty
- The product has no note-worthy limitations
This article serves as a guide to help you improve the quality of life for your seniors as a trapeze bar can enhance their independence and mobility in a safe manner.
I hope this guide helps you to choose a trapeze bar that will bring a new lease of life to you or an elderly relative.